Admission requirements forUniversity for Development Studies, Tamale is very sought after by potential applicants. Before you apply to UDS you need to go through the admission requirements in other to know what to apply for.Admission requirements for University for Development Studies, Tamale are below
i.SSSCE/WASSCEHolders (for DegreeProgrammes)
SSSCE/WASSCE holders seeking admission intoDegreeprogrammes must have at least C6 (WASSCE candidates) or D (SSSCE candidates) in all theirthree Coreandthree ElectiveSubjects.
WASSCE holderswho haveGrade D7 or E8 or F9in any one of their three Core or three Elective subjects areadvised not toapply for a degreeprogramme.
Also,SSSCEholders who have eitherGrade E or Grade Fin any of their three Core or three Elective Subjects are advisednotto apply for a degree programme.
Candidates should therefore possess, at least, credit scores/grades in the following:
- Three core subjects (English Language,Mathematics(Core) and Integrated Science / Social Studies).
- Any three elective subjects in the relevant programmes.
- Aggregate Score of the best six subjects (three core and three electives) must not exceed 36 (for WASSCE scale) and 24 (for SSSCE scale). However, admissions will be on competitive basis, and various programmes offered in UDS have their cut-off points much lower than aggregate 36 for WASSCE (and 24 for SSSCE).
- Candidates should note thatSocial Studiesisnotan elective subject.
- For candidates who read Arts andBusinesssubjects at SSSCE/WASSCE, a grade inSocial Studiesmay be used in place of the grade inIntegratedSciencein the calculation of their aggregates if the Social Studies grade is better than the grade in Integrated Science. This is however on condition that the candidate has at least a pass in Integrated Science.
- ForScience students, however,Social Studies (Core) does notreplaceIntegrated Science (Core)in the calculation of candidates’ aggregates.
ii.SSSCE/WASSCEHolders (for Diploma Programmes)
Candidates who do not meet the requirements for Degree programmes in UDS are advised to apply for any one of theDiploma programmes(Diploma in Integrated Community Development, Diploma in IntegratedBusinessStudies, and Diploma in Development Management all of which are offered at the Wa Campus; Diploma in DevelopmentEducationis offered in Tamale Campus; Diploma in Statistics and Diploma in Computer Science are both offered in Navrongo Campus)
- To be admitted into a Diploma programme,five credits passesinEnglish Language and Mathematics plus credit passes in any threeother subjects in SSSCE/WASSCE is required. Any candidate without a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics (core)need notapply for the Diploma. It is not likely that all candidates with the minimum requirements for Diploma programmes will be admitted. Preference will be given to candidates who have good grades/credit passes.Candidates, who have met the requirements for Degree programmes (Credits in three electives and three core subjects), but have aggregates that are not good enough (aggregates of 33-36 for WASSCE) to ensure them admissions into Degree programmes, are advised to apply for the Diploma programmes.
iii.HNDand other Diploma Holders Seeking Admission into Degree Programmes
HND and other Diploma applicants seeking admission to Degree programmes should possess at least a:
1.Second Class (Upper Division)orFirst Classin the relevant area would be admitted toLevel 300;
2.Second Class Lower or betterin related programmes would be admitted intoLevel 200;
3.Third ClassorPasswould be considered for admission toLevel 100.
- Candidates would be required to pass a selection interview to be conducted by the University. The interviews are scheduled forFriday June 26, 2015, at theTamale Campus.
(This is applicable to only programmes under Faculty of Integrated Development Studies (FIDS), Faculty ofEducation(FOE), School ofBusinessand Law (SBL), and Faculty of Planning and Land Management (FPLM); and also the BSc Mathematical Science Option in the Faculty of Mathematical Sciences (FMS).
Eligible applicants for the Mature Entry must meet the following criteria:
- Be 25 years or above by August 31, 2015
- Have passes in five G.C.E.‘O’ Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics/Statistics and Science.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) holders must have credit or better (A to D) in English Language and Mathematics (Core) plus any other passes in three elective subjects.(For candidates wishing to pursue Mathematical Science courses, the elective subjects should include Elective Mathematics).
- West Africa Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), holders must have credit or better (A1 to C6) in English Language and Mathematics (Core) plus any other passes in three elective subjects.(For candidates wishing to pursue Mathematical Science courses, the elective subjects should include Elective Mathematics).
- Candidates would be expected to write and pass both aselection examination(Thursday June 25, 2015) andinterview(Friday June 26, 2015) to be conducted by the University at theTamale Campus.
- Only candidates who obtain satisfactory marks in theselection examinationandinterviewwill be admitted to pursue the degree programme.
Applicants to the 3-Year BSc Nurse Practitioner programme or 2/3-Year BSc Nursing programme must beRegistered Nurseswith a Diploma or State Registered Nurses Certificateand at least three years working experience.Candidates without three years working experience are advised not to apply.
For the BSc Nurse Anaesthesia programme, candidates should have one of the following: RGN (Diploma) with a minimum of 3 years post-registration working experience, RGN (BSc Nursing) with 2 years post-registration working experience and Advanced Diploma in Nurse Anaesthesia with 2 years working experience
2. Calculation of Aggregates
For the avoidance of doubt, the University for Development Studies has adopted the WASSCE system for computation of final aggregates. Equivalences are as follows:
Admission Requirement For Other Universities And Polytechnics In Ghana
Admission requirements for Pan African Christian University College