Looking for parts?
Enter model number, part number, part type, brand, or part description and press Enter:
Instructions for replacing the wash impeller and motor shaft seal on kit on dishwashers made by Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Roper, and Kenmore.
Dishwasher Repair Video: Dishwasher Impeller and Seal Kit Replacement
Dishwasher Part: Dishwasher Impeller and Seal Kit
Tools needed: Torx screwdriver, wrench, nut driver, flat head screwdriver.
- Your first step is to pull out the lower dish rack.
- Next, unscrew the retainer to release the lower wash arm.
- Pull off the water supply tube from the pump and motor assembly.
- Remove the screws to release the pump outlet.
- Use a wrench to secure the old wash impeller as you remove the screw.
- Use a flat head screwdriver to gently pry the old impeller loose. Be aware this may require some effort.
- Next, remove the screws to release the separator assembly.
- Remove the grind bushing, followed by the chopper blade and spring.
- Lift out the drain check ball or balls.
- Remove the screw and lift out the drain cover and gasket.
- Remove the old drain impeller. Again, this may require some effort.
- Use a flat head screwdriver to pry off the old motor shaft seal from the pump housing.
- You’re now ready to install the new impeller and seal kit. First clean off the motor shaft, then apply liquid dish soap or rinse aid to the new seal.
- Slide the new seal over the motor shaft into the pump housing, making sure the graphite ring is centered with the shaft.
- Slide the new drain impeller on, followed by the drain cover and gasket.
- Secure with the screw.
- Replace the check ball or balls.
- Align the chopper blade and spring and slide over the drain impeller, making sure the end of the spring inserts into the hole.
- Replace the separator assembly by lining up the port at the bottom with the port on the drain cover and secure the screws.
- Insert the new wash impeller onto the drain impeller shaft and secure with the washer and screw. Once assembled, be sure the impeller rotates smoothly.
- Replace the old separator gasket with the new one.
- Replace the pump outlet and secure the screws.
- Realign the water supply tube and slide it on to the pump outlet.
- Replace the lower wash arm and secure with the retainer.
- Make sure the wash arm spins freely, and replace the lower dish rack.
Dishwasher Parts, Dishwasher Repair Videos, and much more