Instructions for replacing the light socket on electric ranges made by GE, Hotpoint, RCA, and Moffat.
Electric Range Repair Video: Electric Range Light Socket Replacement
Electric Range Part: Lightening Component – Porcelain oven light socket
Tools needed: ¼” nut driver.
As with any repair, be sure you unplug the appliance before beginning.
- Your first step is to remove the oven racks.
- Release the wire retainer to remove the light lens cover.
- Take out the bulb.
- Depending on your model, remove the light socket access panel, or the full back panel if necessary.
- Detach the wires from the old light socket.
- Squeeze the retaining clips to release the old socket. Then pull it out from the open cavity.
- Install the new light socket by lining up the clips with the slots in the socket housing, and snap into position.
- Reconnect the wires.
- Replace the access or back panel.
10. Screw in the light bulb, then replace the lens cover and secure it with the wire retainer.
11. Replace the oven racks.
Plug the appliance back in to make sure the socket is functioning properly.
Range, Stove, Oven Parts, Accessories, Videos and Repair Help