Ghana Standards Board Essay Competition
INVITATION TO PARTIC IPATE IN THE 3RDCONTINENTAL STANDARDS ESSAY COMPETITION
The African Organization for Standardization (ARSO) is inviting students in the institutions of higher learning in Africa (Colleges/Universities approved by their local Commission of HigherEducation) below the age of 35 years to submit an essay on the topic/theme;
“How Standards Contribute To Women’s Empowerment”
1) The Entry Rules and Conditions
2) Prizes for the Winners
In this regard, theGhanaStandards Authority is inviting students from higher institutions of learning (Universities) inGhanato participate in the competition and to submit their essays on the theme to:
The Executive Director
Ghana Standards Authority
P.O.Box MB 245
The last day for submitting the essay is by midnight on1stMarch, 2016.
RULES AND CONDITIONS
- This competition is open to citizens of all African Countries below the age of 35 years living in Africa and studying in a university/ college recognized by the local commission for UniversityEducationor equivalent body in their country.
- Length of Essays: Essays should be between 1000 and 1200 words.
- Length of Essays should be double spaced and presented in Century Gothic size 12
- Language of Essays: Essays may be submitted in English or French.
- Information on the author: Authors may use up to 50 words to describe themselves. Information should include their names, course and year of study; home town and country in which their university is located (NB… this will not be part of the 1000-1200 words).
- Contacts of Authors: Authors should provide us with their postal physical telephone and email addresses on the first page of the essay together with the title of the essay and information on the Author. Also kindly attach a copy of your identity Card or passport and a completely filled registration form that can be obtained from Apex. (www.apextrainingafrica.org) and ARSO(www.arso-orgn.org) websites.
The following essays are not eligible for this competitions:
- Essays that have been shown or accepted for other competitions
- Essays that have been published in any form.
- Essays that focus on the work of a particular person, organization or brand name.
- Number of essays to be submitted : Participants are only allowed to submit one essay
Essay must be submitted by mid night on 1stMarch, 2016.
PRIZES FOR WINNERS
There will be three (3) levels of winners
- At National level GHC
1stposition – 1000
2ndposition – 700
3rdposition – 400
Names and Essays of National Winners will be sent to ARSO Central Secretariat for Regional and Continental Competitions and awards as follows:
- At Regional level
1stposition – USD 500
2ndposition – USD 300
3rdposition – USD 200
- At Continental level
1stposition (male and female ) each USD 1000
2ndposition –USD 800
3rdposition – USD 500
In addition the winners will be given a trip and accommodation to the next ARSO G.A (ARSO General Assembly) event that will take place in 2016 to be honored.
For further details on the competition please contact www.arso-orgn.org.