Ho Poly Departments Of Fashion Designing And Textiles
The Department ofFashionDesign and Textiles is currently the only department under the Faculty of Art and Design. The Department runs a 3-yearprogrammeleading to the award of the Higher National Diploma (HND). It also runs a 2-year non-tertiary Advanced Fashion programme.
A three-year HND programme in Industrial Art has been added to theprogrammesin the department and will fully commence in the 2013/2014 academic year.
To be admitted into any of the programmes, the candidate should have passed Clothing and Textiles or Visual Art at the Senior High School level or hold a certificate in Advanced Fashion in addition to the general requirements.
The courses offered in the Department of Fashion Design and Textiles aim at preparing students to become fashion designers, fashion writers and teachers of fashion. The training is also geared towards producing independent entrepreneurs who can establish small-scale businesses for a start.
Department of Fashion Design and Textile Courses
|ID||Course Name||Duration||Start Date|
|HND-FS||HND Fashion and Design||3yrs||September 1, 2015|
|AD-FSH||Advanced Fashion||2yrs||September 1, 2015|
HND Fashion And Textile ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Passes in Core English, CoreMathematicsand Integrated Science/Core Science/Agricultural Science PLUS two (2) Elective subjects including Clothing and Textiles or Visual Arts.
- In all, five (5) subjects are required and the aggregate must be 20 or better for SSSCE and 30 or better for WASSCE applicants. OR
GCE ‘A’ Level Applicants
Two (2) GCE ‘A’ Level passes in subjects including Fine Art plus four (4) Credits at GCE ‘O’ Level in subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Clothing and Textiles. OR
Holders of Advanced Fashion Certificate
A credit in any component will be an advantage.
- Must be at least 25 years old by the year of application..
- Must also possess four (4) passes in subjects including English, at the G.C.E. ‘O’ Level or SSSCE / WASSCE.
- Must have worked in a relevant field for not less than two (2) years.
- Must pass a written examination and/ or an interview.
Post – Secondary Teacher’s Certificate
- Teachers’ Certificate A.
- Passes at the Post-Secondary Teacher Training Examinations in a relevant area. (Preferably Vocational or Life Skills)
PRE-HND (NABPTEX Access Programme)
Qualifiedgraduateswith Fashion background
HND Advance Fashion ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Pass in Intermediate Fashion/NVTI Grade One; OR
- Teacher’s Certificate ‘A’ including Vocational skills. OR
- SSSCE/WASSCE Certificate with passes in four (4) subjects including English, Clothing and Textiles or Visual Art.
Course Duration: 2 YEARS for applicants with (i) and (ii); 3 YEARS for applicants with (iii)