Step-by-step instructions on how to uninstall and reinstall a dishwasher from under the countertop for all dishwasher brands.
Tools needed: flat head screwdriver.
- Some repairs or maintenance will require you to remove your dishwasher from the cabinet. To do this, turn off the power supply to your dishwasher and shut off the water supply valve.
- Next, remove the screws to release the lower access panel or panels.
- Disconnect the water supply line from the inlet valve. Be prepared for some water to spill out.
- Remove the screw to release the terminal block cover plate. Please note the location of the wires.
- Now untwist the wire nut to disconnect the wires and loosen the screw to release the grounding wire.
- Use a flat head screwdriver to help remove the strain relief nut and pull the wires out of the junction box.
- Next disconnect the drain hose from the sink or garbage disposal and feed it out through the cabinet.
- Remove the mounting bracket screws and screw in the front leveling legs to make it easier to move the appliance.
- Now, to avoid damage, very carefully pull the dishwasher away from the cabinet.
- To reinstall the dishwasher, make sure the end of the drain hose is accessible through the cabinet wall.
- Now gently slide the dishwasher back into the cabinet.
- Raise the leveling legs and secure the mounting brackets to the cabinet or countertop.
- Feed the drain hose back through the cabinet and connect it to the sink drain or disposal. Make sure the hose is elevated above the connection point.
- Feed the electric line back through the junction box and secure the strain relief nut.
- Connect the wires using the wire nuts, and secure the grounding wire.
- Replace the cover plate.
- Reconnect the water supply line.
- Replace the lower access panel or panels and secure the screws.
- Turn the water supply back on and restore power to your dishwasher.
Dishwasher Parts, Dishwasher Accessories, Dishwasher Repair Videos, Dishwasher Part Pictures, Dishwasher Repair Help, Dishwasher Maintenance Information and more