Just a little worried
I would rather not say my age, but legally, I am a minor and fairly young. I saw melatonin in the store one day for $4 and I thought it would help me with my troubled sleep, witch has been bothering me latly. I was just worried about a few things and thought you could answer…
1) can you overdose on over the counter melatonin? I often take one pill before bed and yes, it helps me sleep but I find that I wake up later in the night, and I’m afraid to tak anoher due to overdose risk.
2) how long does melatonin last?
3) is it safe for a minor like myself?
4) does It have any side effects that will effect my school day?
Well, You should not be taking any kind of drug or supplement without your parents or doctors consent.
Yes, melatonin will not kill you but you can develop some nasty side effects.
2. The effect of melatonin depends on the dosage. You said you take one tablet before sleep time. How many mg is it? it is wise to start out with a small dosage depending on your medical history.
3. No it is not. It is not safe without a doctors prescription or your parents express consent.
4.Yes, Melatonin can make you groggy in the day time if you overdose on it. There also have been reports on people experiencing nightmares.
Visit myMelatonin Supplementspage for more information.