KNUST-Institute Of Distance Learning Entry Requirements for Top-Up Programmes
General Requirement for allProgrammes
- Applicants must have at least 5 (five) credits in GCE “O” Level, including English Language andMathematicsand at least 6 (six) credits in SSSCE/WASSCE subjects in the relevant areas, including English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science with an aggregate not exceeding 24.
- All HND applicants should have obtained at least a Second Class Lower Division in the respective fields.
In addition to these general requirements,programmespecific requirement is stated below.
- Human Resource Management
- Banking andFinance
- Hospitality Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Candidates shall continue in the areas of specialization in their respective programmes for the Top–up. Specializations would be mounted in specific centres depending on the number of qualified applicants.
B. BSc. Geomatic Engineering
HND in Surveying or Diploma in Geodetic/Geomatic Engineering or its equivalent.
C. BSc. Agricultural Engineering
HND in Agricultural Engineering or its equivalent Diploma certificate.
D. BSc. Computer Engineering
HND in Computer Engineering/Electrical and Electronic Engineering or Telecommunication Engineering or an equivalent Diploma certificate.
E. BSc. ConstructionTechnologyand Management (CTM)/Quantity Surveying and Construction Economics (QSCE)
HND in Building Technology or its equivalent diploma certificate. A sound background in mathematics is required.
F. BSc. Mechanical Engineering
HND or its equivalent diploma certificate in any of the following Mechanical Engineering disciplines:
- Production Engineering
- Plant Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Refrigeration and Air- Conditioning
- Foundry Technology
G. BSc. Statistics
HND in Statistics or its equivalent diploma certificate.
H. BSc. Computer Science
HND or its equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology,BusinessInformation Technology, Computer Engineering, Electronics, Data Processing, Information Systems/Sciences and any area related to any of the programmes listed.
I. BSc. Actuarial Science
HND or equivalent Diploma Certificate in Actuarial Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Science or Accounting
Universitygraduatesholding a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Physical Science or Statistics
J. BSc. Information Technology
HND or equivalent Diploma Certificate in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electronics, Data Processing, Information Systems/Sciences and any area related to any of the programmes listed.
A first degree in any Physical Sciences and Engineering programme may also apply.
K. BSc. Chemical Engineering
HND or its equivalent in Chemical Engineering.
L. BSc. Physics
HND or University Diploma in any of the Engineering Disciplines. Graduates from Colleges ofEducation(Training Colleges) may also apply.
M. BSc. Petroleum Engineering
- HND in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Civil Engineering.
- First Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
N. B.A. Social Work
- Diploma in Social Work
- Degree or Diploma inEducation
- Diploma from Teacher Training Colleges/ Nursing Training College
- HND in Management or Human Resource Management
- Degree or Diploma in Theology and Bible studies.
O. B.A. Sociology
Candidates shall hold a diploma in any of the under listed programmes from an accredited University or Institution.
- Diploma in Social work,
- Diploma in Social Administration,
- Diploma in Police / Prison Administration
- Degree or Diploma in Education
- Diploma from Teacher Training Colleges
- Diploma from Nursing Training Colleges
- Degree or Diploma in Theology.
First Degree in any Social Science Programme
HND in Business Administration (i.e. Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing, etc.)