KNUST Opens 2016/2017 Admission
Read the full details for theknust2016/2017 Academic Year
Information for Undergraduate Applicants
(Advanced Level/Mature/ABCE/GBCE/IB and WASSCE/SSSCE Candidates)
Itis announced for the information of prospective Applicants (as specified above) and the general public that Application Forms for Admission to Degree/Diploma/Top-UpProgrammesof Study at the University for the 2016/2017 Academic Year are now on sale.
The Sale of Admission Forms is open to the following Applicants:
- Candidates who have Examination Results as at the time of Application.
- 2016 Candidates awaiting results may apply.
- WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits(A1-C6/A-D Respectively)in the followingThree (3) CoreSubjects:English Language,Mathematicsand Integrated Scienceplus credits(A1-C6/ A-D)inThree ElectiveSubjects with an Aggregate Score of24 or betterin the relevant Area of Study.
- ADVANCED LEVELHolders with credits in at leastFive (5)subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) includingEnglish Language and Mathematics,plus at least two passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level obtained inFive (5) years and above.
ADVANCEDBUSINESSCERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE)Holders with passes in Three compulsory Subjects plusThreeoptional subjects relevant to theProgrammeof study,ORApplicants with Stage I of ACCA, ICA, Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute ofMarketing(CIM) with credits at WASSCE/SSSCE inThree (3)Core Subjects and credits inThree (3)Elective Subjects orSix (6)credits at GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’ Level includingEnglish Language and Mathematics.
- MATURE STUDENTSwho have attained the age of25 yearsor above at the time of Application and have credits inFive (5)GCE ‘O Level subjects includingEnglish Language and Mathematics,in addition to passing an Entrance Examination and /or Interview.
WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits(A1-C6/ A-D, Respectively)in the followingThree (3)Core Subjects:English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Scienceplus credits(A1-C6/A-D)in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of24 or betterin the relevant Area of Study.
HNDHolders withThree (3)years relevant working experience in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirements at WASSCE/SSSCE orFive (5)GCE O’ Level Credits includingEnglish Language and Mathematics.
- FOREIGN APPLICANTS (online application only)and allotherswho have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognised institution.
Points of Sale:
- AllGhanaPost Regional and Designated Post Offices
Cost of application form
- A set of Application Forms, comprising copies of Admission Requirements for the various Programmes of Study, Guidelines for the Completion of Application Forms, Prepaid EMS Envelopes and Forms costsGH¢180.00.
- Applicants are required to purchase and submit one set of application forms ONLY. Any applicant who submits more than one set of forms SHALL BE DISQUALIFIED.
Programmes of Study
- Please click for full list of programmes
All Completed Application Forms should be submitted byPost (EMS/DHL/UPS/FEDEX)on or before Thursday June 30, 2016to
The Deputy Registrar (Academic Affairs)
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science &Technology
Private Mail Bag
Contact: +233 (0) 3220 61831/ 60444 / +233 (0) 500 482 807 / +233 (0) 240 130 946
- Application forms submitted by hand delivery shall not be processed.
Any application form that is notfully and or properly completed (hard copy and online)at the time of submission shall not be processed and/or considered.
A Fee-Paying Facility is available to Applicants who do not meet the Competitive Departmental/Faculty Requirements and Cut-Off Points but satisfy the Minimum Entry Requirements of Aggregate 24 or better. Applicants who wish to take advantage of this facility should indicate this when filling online Application forms.
- Only documentsprovided by applicants at the time of submission of applications shall be considered.
- Applicants (excluding awaiting results candidates) shall include in their application forms photocopies of their results slips and/or certificates as well as certified true copy of birth certificate.
- An applicant’s failure to input gradesand/ or other relevant information properly on the forms/online shall deny the applicant admission to a programme of study at the university.
- Admissions to all programmes of study at the university are transparently administered by the central undergraduate admissions board without any other considerations and/ or solicitations. any applicant who makes any form of solicitation to any person or group of persons for the purpose of influencing and/or gaining admission into the university does so at his/her own risk.
- Mandatory requirement:all applicants are required to visit the university’s admissions website (http://admissions.knust.edu.gh) to complete their application process online. Candidates are to use thecard number and pin on the e-voucherprovided at the time of purchase of the forms for this purpose.Failure to do so renders the application invalid.
- *Registered General Nursing (RGN) Diploma holders, State Registered Nurses andDiploma in Midwiferyholders applying for BSc Nursing &BSc Midwifery as well as all candidates applying for BSc Midwifery Sandwich & BSc Emergency Nursing should note that the closing date for the submission of their application is Thursday, 31stMarch, 2016.
Please click for Undergraduate Programmes