KNUST Undergraduate Admissions – General Information for Applicants – 2017/2018
Information for Undergraduate Applicants
WASSCE/SSSCE/ADVANCED LEVEL/MATURE/ABCE/GBCE AND IB CANDIDATES)
It is announced for the information of prospective Applicants (as specified above) and the general public that applications to Degree/Top-UpProgrammesof Study at the University for the2017/2018 Academic Yearare now on sale
APPLICANTS WHO HAVE EXAMINATION RESULTS AS AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION AND APPLICANTS WHO WILL BE WRITING WASSCE IN MAY/JUNE, 2017 ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
The Sale of E-Voucher for the online Application is open to the following Applicants:
1. WASSCE/SSSCEHolders who have credits(A1-C6/A-D)in the followingThree (3) CoreSubjects:English Language,MathematicsandIntegrated Scienceplus credits(A1-C6/ A-D)inThree ElectiveSubjects with an Aggregate Score of24 or betterin the relevant Area of Study.
2. ADVANCED LEVELHolders with credits in at leastFive (5)subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) includingEnglish Language and Mathematicsplus at least two passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level.
ADVANCEDBUSINESSCERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE)Holders with passes in Three compulsory Subjects plusThreeoptional subjects relevant to theProgrammeof study,ORApplicants with Stage I of ACCA, ICA, Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute ofMarketing(CIM) with credits at WASSCE/SSSCE inThree (3)Core Subjects and credits inThree (3)Elective Subjects orSix (6)credits at GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’ Level includingEnglish Language and Mathematics.
3. MATURE STUDENTSwho have attained the age of25 yearsor above at the time of Application and have credits inFive (5)GCE ‘O Level subjects includingEnglish Language and Mathematics, in addition to passing an Entrance Examination and /or Interview.
A. WASSCE/SSSCEHolders who have credits(A1-C6/ A-D)in the followingThree (3)Core Subjects:English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Scienceplus credits(A1-C6/A-D)in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of24 or betterin the relevant Area of Study.
B. HNDHolders withThree (3)years relevant working experience in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirements at WASSCE/SSSCE orFive (5)GCE O’ Level Credits includingEnglish Language and Mathematics.
4. FOREIGN APPLICANTS (online application only)and allotherswho have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognised institution.
Points of Sale:
AllGhanaPost Regional and Designated Post Offices
Cost of E-Voucher
The cost of Online Application Voucher (E-Voucher) and Prepaid EMS Envelopes isGH¢ 180.00.
The cost of Online Application Voucher (E-Voucher) isUSD 150.00.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE THE E-VOUCHER FROM THEGHANAPOST OFFICES.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TWO (2) COPIES OF THE ONLINE APPLICATION AND OTHER RELEVANT DOCUMENTS.
FOREIGN APPLICANTS ARE TO GENERATE AN E-VOUCHER FROM THE UNIVERSITY’S WEBSITE,www.knust.edu.gh AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.
ALL COMPLETED APPLICATION SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BYPOST (EMS/DHL/UPS/FEDEX) TO THE DEPUTY REGISTRAR (ACADEMIC AND STUDENT AFFAIRS)KNUST, KUMASI, GHANA ON OR BEFORE JULY 31ST, 2017.
Any HAND DELIVERED Application shall not be PROCESSED.
ANY APPLICATION THAT IS NOT FULLY AND/ OR PROPERLY COMPLETED AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION SHALL NOT BE PROCESSED AND/OR CONSIDERED.
Programmes of Study
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL RESOURCES
BSc Natural Resources Management
BSc Post HarvestTechnology
BSc Dairy and Meat Science and Technology
BSc Landscape Design and Management
BSc Agricultural Biotechnology
BSc Agribusiness Management
BSc Forest Resources Technology
BSc Aquaculture & Water Resources Management
COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
BA Geography and Rural Development
BA Social Work
BA Religious Studies
BA Political Studies
BA Culture andTourism
BSc Business Administration ((Human Resource Management/Management)
BSc Business Administration (Marketing/International Business)
BSc Business Administration (Accounting/Banking andFinance)
BSc Business Administration (Logistics and Supply Chain Management/Business Information Technology)
BSc. Hospitality and Tourism Management
LLB (4 years for WASSCE/SSSCE/GBCE and Equivalent Holders)
LLB (4 years for Degree Holders only)(Fee Paying only)
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
BSc Agricultural Engineering
BSc Chemical Engineering
BSc Civil Engineering
BSc Geomatic Engineering (Geodetic Engineering)
BSc Materials Engineering
BSc Mechanical Engineering
BSc Electrical & Electronic Engineering
BSc Computer Engineering
BSc Aerospace Engineering
BSc Petroleum Engineering
BSc Telecommunications Engineering
BSc Geological Engineering
BSc Biomedical Engineering
BSc Petrochemical Engineering
BSc Metallurgical Engineering
COLLEGE OF ART AND BUILT ENVIRONMENT
BSc Construction Technology & Management (Building Technology)
BSc Quantity Surveying & Construction Economics (Building Technology)
BSc Development Planning
BSc Human Settlement Planning
BSc Land Economy
BSc Real Estate
BFA Painting and Sculpture
BA Communication Design (Graphic Design)
BA Industrial Art
BA Textile Design and Technology
BA Integrated Rural Art and Industry
BA Publishing Studies (Book Industry)
COLLEGE OF SCIENCE
BSc Food Science and Technology
BSc Biological Sciences
BSc Environmental Science
BSc Computer Science
BSc Actuarial Science
Doctor of Optometry(OD), Six (6) years
BSc Meteorology and Climate Science
Pharm D (Doctor of Pharmacy) Six (6) Years
BSc Human Biology (Medicine- to be followed by a 3-year Clinical Programme leading to
BSc Medical Laboratory Technology
BSc Sports and Exercise Science
BSc BDS DentalSurgery(Three (3) years of BSc Human Biology to be followed by a
3-year Clinical studies leading to the award of BDS Degree)(Fee Paying only)
DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine)
BSc Disability & Rehabilitation Studies (opened to Candidates with General Science; General
Arts; Business; Visual Arts and Vocational/ Home Economics background)
ALL TOP- UP PROGRAMMES ARE FEE-PAYING ONLY
- BSC BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (HND HOLDERS)
- DOCTOR OF PHARMACY (PHARM D) TWO (2) YEARS, (APPLICANTS MUST BE PRACTISING PHARMACIST WITH THREE (3) YEARS POST REGISTRATION EXPERIENCE)
Contact: +233 (0) 3220 61831/ 60444 / +233 (0) 500 482 807 / +233 (0) 240 130 946
A Fee-Paying Facility is available to Applicants who do not meet the Competitive Departmental/Faculty Requirements and Cut-Off Points but satisfy the Minimum Entry Requirements of Aggregate 24 or better. Applicants who wish to take advantage of this facility should indicate this when filling online Application forms.
Applicants should take Note of The Following:
- ONLY RESULTS AND/OR DOCUMENTSPROVIDED BY APPLICANTS AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS SHALL BE CONSIDERED.
- APPLICANTS (EXCLUDING AWAITING RESULTS CANDIDATES) SHALL INCLUDE IN THEIR APPLICATION FORMS PHOTOCOPIES OF THEIR RESULTS SLIPS AND/OR CERTIFICATES AS WELL AS CERTIFIED TRUE COPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE.
- AN APPLICANT’S FAILURE TO INPUT EXAMINATION DETAILS (i.e. Index Number and Year of Exams)AND/ OR OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION PROPERLY ONLINE SHALL DENY THE APPLICANT ADMISSION TO A PROGRAMME OF STUDY AT THE UNIVERSITY
- ADMISSIONS TO ALL PROGRAMMES OF STUDY AT THE UNIVERSITY ARE TRANSPARENTLY ADMINISTERED BY THE CENTRAL UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS BOARD WITHOUT ANY OTHER CONSIDERATIONS AND/ OR SOLICITATIONS. ANY APPLICANT WHO MAKES ANY FORM OF SOLICITATION TO ANY PERSON OR GROUP OF PERSONS FOR THE PURPOSE OF INFLUENCING AND/OR GAINING ADMISSION INTO THE UNIVERSITY DOES SO AT HIS/HER OWN RISK.
- MANDATORY REQUIREMENT:ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO VISIT THE UNIVERSIY’S WEBSITE(www.knust.edu.gh)TO COMPLETE THEIR APPLICATION PROCESS ONLINE. APPLICANTS ARE TO USE THE LOGIN AND PIN NUMBER PROVIDED ON THE E-VOUCHER FOR THIS PURPOSE. FAILURE TO DO SO RENDERS THE APPLICATION INVALID.
- APPLICANTS ARE TO NOTE THAT UPON RELEASE OF THE WAEC RESULTS, THE ADMISSION PORTAL WOULD BE OPENED FOR ONE (1) WEEK FOR APPLICANTS TO MAKE ANY AMENDMENTS WITH RESPECT TO THEIR NAMES, INDEX NUMBERS, YEAR OF EXAM, CHOICE OF PROGRAMMES ETC.