RECRUITMENT OF YOUTH UNDER THE TRADES AND VOCATION MODULE
AS MARINE ENGINEERING TECHNICIANS 2017
The Youth Employment Agency (YEA) of the Ministry of Employment and Labour Relations, in collaboration with the Regional Maritime University, is engaging youths from coastal Communities from various regions inGhana, to undertake training and eventually become Marine Engineering Technicians under the Trades and Vocation Module of the YEA to supplement Government’s efforts at substantially reducing Youth unemployment and promoting young Entrepreneurs in the country. The Regional Maritime University, in addition to its tertiaryprogrammes, is a one stop shop for specialized vocational programmes including Marine, Engineering Mechanics, Welding and Fabrication up to the American Welding Society (AWS) certification offshore professional courses.
The Maritime University offers a one semester customized training that includes entrepreneurship, refrigeration and cadetship components. Successful trainees under the module will receive hands-on skills training and will acquire certification that is internationally accredited to work on ships, in industry or setup their own businesses.
Tasks & Job Responsibilities
The selected applicants would be trained to become Marine Engineering Technicians
WHO QUALIFIES TO APPLY
• Youth between the ages of 18-35 years.
• Women are encouraged to participate in this endeavour
• JHS to Tertiaryeducationcertificate holders.
• All applicants must be Ghanaians and resident inGhanaprecisely from their respective districts communities.
CONDITION OF TRAINING
• Successful applicants will not be permanent employees, but beneficiaries of the module.
• Trainees will receive a stipend for the duration of the training.
MODE OF APPLICATION
• Applicant must visit YEA website: www.yea.gov.gh and fill an online application form.
• Print-out of the filled application form should be submitted at the applicants’ District office of YEA.
• A passport picture, a copy of any national identification eg. Voters ID, Birth Cert or Passport and a contact number should be added.