The Ministry of defense said that the Pentagon will close its doors at midnight Sunday as part of the effort of the military to curb the spread of coronavirus.
Unlike the White house, where officials continued to shake hands with each other and where the journalists at the press conference of the President of trump in the Rose garden on Friday, sat side by side, the Pentagon has persistently taken steps to implement procedures aimed at slowing the spread of the virus among the population.
The Ministry of defence said in his statement on Friday evening that the objects associated with the Pentagon in the Washington area, the Department owns or leases numerous properties in Washington, Virginia and Maryland will also prohibit the visit.
People who work in various buildings of the Ministry of defence, will still be permitted to enter. But last week, the Ministry has introduced the protocols of “social distancing”, which spread through a few rooms of meetings and held chairs at a distance of from three to four feet.
Directive of the Ministry of defence also prohibits any person with a history of international travel within the past 14 days, visits to the Pentagon. Access can be restored on the 15th day, according to the Directive, “if the person remains asymptomatic”.
On Friday, the Ministry also said that it will cease all official travel of military personnel in the US, starting Monday, almost three months.