University Of Professional Studies Distance Learning School Entry Requirements
Undergraduate Degree Programmes
- Bachelor of Science (BSc.) inAccounting
- Bachelor of Science (BSc.) in Banking andFinance
- Bachelor of Science (BSc.) inMarketing
- Bachelor ofBusinessAdministration
Regular (Morning) Session available for Level 100 entry only
Evening & Weekend Sessions are available for Level 100, Level 200 & Level 300 entries
Admission Requirements – Level 100
- West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) & Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) ApplicantsWASSCE and SSSCE applicants must have at least credit passes (i.e. grade A1-C6 and grade A-D respectively) inthree core subjectsincluding English Language,Mathematicsand Integrated Science/Social Studies in addition to anythree elective subjectswith an aggregate score of24or better.
Note 1:Applicants for level 100 undergraduateprogrammes, who will be writing WASSCE in May /June 2013, are also eligible to apply. They will be required to indicate their WASSCE index numbers and the subjects they will be writing on-line.
Admission Requirements – Level 200
General Certificate ofEducation(G.C.E) Advanced Level:
Passes in any three (3) subjects at the G.C.E Advanced Levelplusa pass in General Paper. In addition, the applicant must have had credit passes (Grade 6) or better in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics and any Science Subject at the G.C.E Ordinary Level.
AdvancedBusinessCertificate Examinations (ABCE):
Passes in any five (5) subjects at the ABCE level. In addition, the applicant must have had credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the GeneralBusinessCertificate Examinations(GBCE).
Recognized Professional Qualifications:
At least complete Level One (1) of any of the following professional qualifications:
ICSA, CIM, CIMA, ACCA, ICAG and CIB
Higher National Diploma (HND) with at most Second Class (Lower Division) awarded by NABTEX in disciplines relevant to the programmes being offered by the University (i.e. Accounting, Secretaryship & Management Studies, Purchasing & Supply, Marketing, Statistics, etc). In addition, the applicant must have acquired a2-year post HNDqualification working experience.
Applicants in possession of University/Tertiary Diploma with a Final Grade Point Average (FGPA) of at most 2.99 from any University/Institution in programmes relevant to the courses being offered by the University.
Note 2: Applicants who qualify under Categories, C, D, E and F must, in addition, have at least grade
C6 or grade D in English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies at WASSCE/ SSSCE or at least credit in English Language, Mathematics and any Science Subject at the Ordinary Level.
Admission Requirements – Level 300
Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least Second Class (Upper Division) awarded by
NABTEX in disciplines relevant to theprogrammebeing offered by the University (i.e.
Accounting, Secretaryship & Management Studies, Purchasing & Supply, Marketing and
Statistics). In addition, the applicant must have acquired a2-year post HNDqualification working experience.
University /Tertiary Diploma applicants with FGPA of 3.0 in related programmes (i.e.Accounting, Public Administration, Management and Marketing) from any University accredited by the NationalAccreditationBoard.
Applicants with at least complete level two (2) of any of the following recognized professional qualifications: ICSA, CIM, CIMA, ACCA, ICAG and CIB.
Note 3: Applicants who qualify under Categories A, B and C must, in addition have WASSCE/SSSCE credit passes in three (3) core subjects and two electives subjects or credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics and any Science Subject at the Ordinary Level.
Admission Requirements – Mature Applicants
- Mature Applicants applying for admission must satisfy the following entry requirements:
- Attained a minimum age oftwenty-five (25) years by Friday, February 15, 2013.
- Show proof of age with birth certificate which is at least five (5) years old at the time of application.
- Must have at leastthree (3) years work experience. Applicants should provide a letter of appointment from their employer or show any proof of employment.
- Must possess at least credit in English Language and Mathematics at GCE ‘O’ Level or in the case of those who hold WASSCE/SSSCE at least grade C6 or grade D respectively in English Language and Mathematics.
- Must pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examination General Paper and selection interview.
- Applicants with WASSCE grade D7 – E8 or SSSCE grade E or GCE ‘O’ Level grade 7 – 8 in English Language and Mathematics may apply but their admission would be subject to their having passed the University’s Mature Special English Language and Special Mathematics papers in addition to General Paper and selection interview. Detailed information could be obtained from the Application Pack.
Note 4:Successful mature applicants would be placed at Level 100. Applicants with exceptional abilities may however be admitted to Level 200 depending on their entry qualifications, outstanding performance at the mature entrance examinations and selection interview as well as demonstrable potential to cope with academic work at Level 200.
Admission Requirements – International Applicants
International Applicants may be admitted on the basis of qualifications from their home countries for which equivalence shall be determined by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) ofGhanaand submitted to the University. Evidence of proficiency in English Language will be required in the case of applicants from non-English speaking countries
The Faculties/Departmentsrequires all candidates to satisfy the general entry requirements of the University.
Further Information may be obtained from: