Looking for parts?
Enter model number, part number, part type, brand, or part description and press Enter:
January is an excellent time to update and revitalize your largest home appliance – your refrigerator.
Refrigerators use more energy than any other appliance in your home, so it is especially important to keep it in good shape and functioning at its most energy efficient.
With a bit of care, your refrigerator can last a long time and keep on working without trouble.
Here are a few suggestions;
- Clean your refrigerator well inside and outside with warm water, then vacuum the condenser coils and dust all around your appliance so nothing impedes free air flow.
- Make sure the refrigerator door gasket or seal is tight, clean and in excellent shape. It is essential for both food safety and energy consumption that the seal is tight. If you notice that the seal or gasket is loose, warn or that the door does not shut tightly, replace the seal with a new part. Here is a video that will give you step-by-step instructions on how to do it.
Step-by-step video on how to replace the gasket or seal on your refrigerator
- Replace the air filter and the water filter.
- Replace the old shelfs, broken shelf supports, tired drawer fronts or the shabby bins.
- Watch this useful refrigerator maintenance video for more suggestions on keeping your refrigerator in top shape.
Step-by-step video on how to care for your refrigerator
For more tips and videos on keeping your refrigerator working at its best potential and for all your refrigerator parts, visit this excellent online home appliance parts resource.