Many of us have grown up seeing our mothers using a skillet to cook a variety of culinary delights. An electric skillet easily cooks delicacies ranging from mouth watering pancakes to delicious chuck roasts. And that’s precisely the reason why most young home makers prefer having an electric skillet of their own. If you’re looking to buy your first electric skillet or if you need a new one to replace the existing skillet that you have, then search no more. The Cuisinart CSK-150 1500-Watt Electric Skillet is what you’ve been looking for.
Advantages of the Cuisinart CSK-150
This appliance has several features that will probably make you want to get it right away. These include:
- The 1500-watt electric skillet provides a 12 by 15 inch nonstick cooking surface that is made from brushed stainless steel. The very mention of a nonstick surface invites heads up from prospective buyers. However, that is not all. The large surface is an added advantage that is hard to find in many other electric skillets in its price range. The wide surface of the pan helps in even cooking of the food; It also heats up wonderfully.
- The electric skillet has a temperature control dial with indicator light that easily adjusts from warm to 450 degrees F.
- The Nonstick Oval Electric Skillet has an excellent design. The pan is huge. It has relatively high 2.5″ sides. This is an important feature when it comes to cooking large quantities of food. The ingredients can be allowed to simmer without popping out of the pan. Another advantage is that it’s really easy to clean the skillet’s surface which doesn’t take much time.
- The electric skillet has a glass see-trough lid which makes it really easy to gauge the cooking stage. In addition, the glass lid has a stainless-steel rim with large handles which makes it really easy to carry the skillet from one place to another.
- The Cuisinart CSK-150 1500-Watt Nonstick Oval Electric Skillet is dishwasher safe, which should bring an instant smile on your face. You also get an instruction/recipe book with 30 recipes so you can cook whatever suits your tastes.
- The electric skillet measures approximately 17 by 13 by 9 inches and comes with a 3-year limited warranty as well.
Disadvantages of the Cuisinart CSK-150
With so many pros, it’s really difficult to make out the cons. However, there are a few you need to know about. Such as:
- The steel handles of the skillet are made of steel which makes it easy to grab. However, the downside of this is that they can become very hot and can potentially burn you if you’re not careful.
- The glass lid has been found to be only slightly “domed”, making it difficult to cook foods such as roasts.
The pros overwhelmingly beat out the cons, making the Cuisinart CSK-150 1500-Watt Electric Skillet a great choice for anyone in need of a high quality, durable home electric skillet.