KNUST AnnuaL Leave Plan 2017 / 2018
Staff are reminded that the 2017/2018 Annual Leave started on 1st August, 2017. The following should
therefore be noted:
1. As is the practice, all Colleges/Faculties/Departments/Organizations/Sections/Units, etc., should
plan their Annual Leave from 1st August, 2017 to 31st July, 2018 and publish same for the
attention of staff. Copies of the Annual Leave Plan should be forwarded to the Vice-Chancellor
and the Registrar by FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2017. Members of staff who fail to take their
Annual Leave without the approval of the Vice-Chancellor will forfeit it.
2. Annual Leave is officially deferred if it is forwarded to the Vice-Chancellor through the
Registrar for approval.
3. Internal arrangements should be made by the College Registrar or the appropriate officer
depending on the Unit for relieving duties for staff on Leave per General Notice No. 06/2013 of
January 21, 2013, captioned ‘INTERNAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR ADMINISTRATIVE
STAFF TO GO ON RELIEVING DUTY’. Where such arrangement is not possible, the Deputy
Registrar, Human Resource Development Division, should be given adequate notice to make
4. All Heads are to note that the ANNUAL LEAVE PLAN is MANDATORY.
5. The Registrar must be informed when a staff resumes duty from Annual Leave.
6. All Heads are to take note and ensure compliance, please.
Counting on your cooperation.