The eagerly awaited Title Update #1 for Madden NFL 18 has been released, ahead of themid-September launchcreative director Rex Dickson had originally predicted. According to Dickson, this is the 15 day update that was pushed out early due to the approaching Hurricane Wilma (EA Tiburon is based in Orlando, Florida).
As we’ve stated, this is typically the largest update in the Madden lifecycle, containing fixes for many of the bugs discovered since launch.
Below are the full patch notes for Madden NFL 18 Title Update #1:
- HDR Support
- General Stability fixing various crashes and softlocks
- Fixed issue with Steelers; crowd ‘Terrible Towels’ appearing black or grey
- Online Head-to-Head Quarter Length changed from 4 minutes to 5 minutes
- Fixed an issue around MUT Squads players receiving the incorrect rewards when teammates leave the session early
- Improved a small framerate drop when the ball is snapped on PS4
- Tuned scaling of the football to be slightly smaller
- Fixed an issue where Points were purchasable in Trial
- Fixed Button functionality to be correct: [CROSS] button does not function when attempting to load a MADDEN PROFILE
- Zone Coverage tuning to increase ‘Break-on-Throw’ times
- Tuning to decrease effectiveness of Ball Carrier special moves
- Fixed issue around Coaches standing in the middle of the field when re-starting MUT Challenges
- Tuning to increase blocksheds in run defense vs. Gun Inside Zone plays
- Tuning to slightly increase pass rush when QB holds onto the ball for longer times in the pocket
- Fixed an issue with sideline characters not reacting appropriately to big plays
- Fixed incorrect Chargers/Giants week 5 game on the schedule
- Fixed issue around schedules recording incorrectly when using Play Now Live for Preseason Week
We should get a more accurate roster update as well, featuring the most up-to-date reflection of the NFL rosters.